How to Apply RTI Online
RTI Online Application Process: The Right to Information Act 2005 provides a response to the requests of the students regarding information related to the government. This helps the citizens in knowing about various government related issues.
This initiative has been taken by the Ministry of Personnel, Department of Personnel & Training, Pensions and Public Grievances for providing the citizens RTI Portal Gateway for quickly finding information regarding first Appellate Authorities, PIOs, etc.
RTI can be filed by the following process-
- At first, the applicant must visit the official website of RTI, that is, https://rtionline.gov.in.
- After that, they should click the “Submit Request” option for submitting the RTI application.
- Then, on the screen “Guidelines for use of RTI ONLINE PORTAL” will appear.
- Next, they must click the checkbox.
- After that, they should click on the button of “Submit”.
- Next, the application form for RTI Request will appear on the screen.
- Then, they should select the required department or ministry from the dropdown menu for which RTI is being filed.
- After that, SMS alert will be received by applicants if their mobile number has been provided by them.
- The fields in which * sign is there that are mandatory fields. However, the other fields are optional.
- Then, the applicants need to choose whether they belong to BPL Category or not. Those who belong to BPL Category should provide BPL Certificate in the supporting document field.
- A unique registration number will be provided to the applicants which might be used in the future as a reference.
- After completion of the form fill up, they should click the option of “Make Payment”.
- Then, the mode of payment should be selected and they must click “Pay”.
- Finally, after form submission, SMS alerts & Emails will be received by applicants.
- According to the RTI Rules 2012, the applicants of BPL Category will not be required to pay any fee.
- According to the RTI Rules 2012, the applicants of the non-BPL Category will be required to pay fee of 10 rupees.
We have tried to provide various details related to the RTI Online Application Process. You can comment on your queries (if any) by commenting in the comment box. We will definitely try to solve your query as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 1- How can RTI be filed?
Ans. 1- RTI can be filed by visiting the website https://rtionline.gov.in.
- 2- Is there an exception regarding fee payment for RTI Application?
Ans. 2- Yes, the applicants belonging to non-BPL category are required to pay the fee of 10rs.